CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Wow!

I was looking at the calendar today, and while July seems like forever away, I actually only have sixteen weeks (or less) left. I can't believe I'll be six months pregnant in two days! I kept this pregnancy a secret for so long in the beginning that it now seems to be flying by. And let me just say, I am elated to be having a little girl. Elated.
Emerson and Owen are excited, too. Every day they come up with new names for her, some of them silly, and some are the names of their friends. I think it will be different for them this time. They seem to remember when Greyson came home and how he cried in the night and only drank mommy's boobies. They know this time they won't really be able to "play" with the baby right away. But they do know that they can help me and they know how to be gentle.
Now, Greyson on the other hand, may be a different story. He is in a bit of a destructive phase, throwing the remote for the television or grabbing his cousin by the neck and throwing him to the ground. Hopefully he comes out of that before we have our new arrival!
Jason is getting excited, too. He always takes a while to get used to the idea that there will actually be a baby here. But just this week he came home with a little piece of paper with six baby girl names written on it. Very cute. It made me smile to think oif him secretly writing his list at work.
I have just started wearing a few maternity shirts, but I lost so much weight in the beginning that I'm just now up to my pre-pregnancy weight. My maternity shirts are still big and baggy and I haven't even tried my pants. All of my regular jeans and pants still fit, so I'm sure the maternity ones are too big. I know the time is coming when all of those maternity clothes fit, probably not too long from today. I have been feeling really good lately and still go to the gym most mornings, when I don't have a meeting or appointment. I am having occasional contractions, but I know they are just practice and not anything to be concerned about.
I pray that the remainder of my pregnancy goes as smoothly as the others have.

2 comments:

Aimée said...

You are my hero for keeping up with the gym!!

Smug said...

I just found your blog through Becky's Blog and really liked your post.

I am currently almost 7 weeks along and fighting wtih morning sickness, sore boobs, and being tired, hot and grouchy all the time.

Reading about how feel now that you are past all that gives me hope!

I hope that you will continue to post about all that you are going through. I would love to know what's coming!