CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Different World

The World Wide Web is a strange place for me. You make purchases, watch movies, play games, make friends, fall in love. You can also go into debt, ruin real-life relationships, lose friends, and dislike people. In real life, if you don't get along with someone, you might "play" nice, distance yourself, or even try to avoid that person. Online, you can totally cut that person out of your life with no repercussions. Some people treat the online world just as they treat their real world; others do not. It's a fine line, isn't it?

3 comments:

Aimée said...

Yep. That's the very reason for my policy not to talk to people online that I wouldn't hang with in real life.

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i totally agree. i consider myf riends online as friends in real life and i'd never cut someone out of my life online just like i wouldn't in real life w/o a reason and an explanation.

Char said...

I agree.
I consider my "online" friends to be just as important as my "real life" friends.

... I'm sorry.